Don’t we all love getting a new bed! Have you recently got a new mattress and ensemble but find your bed still looks incomplete & needs something to finish it off? Adding a bedhead and valance will create height and allow you to introduce colour and personality… as well as adding extra comfort to lean against when reading a book/ watching TV. The coordinating valance covers the base and links back to the bedhead for a designer finish. We offer 2 styles of valances depending on your personal taste – tailored with no pleats OR pleats on each corner. We phone every customer to re-confirm all the measurements to ensure your valance fits perfectly.
So how do you decide which bedhead to order?
- Consider the style you are trying to achieve. Do you have a contemporary home and are you looking for a modern style bedhead? Emerson, Honor, Lily and Indiana all work well. Savannah offers deep diamond buttoning and Genevieve a more traditional wing backed bedhead.
- Remember some bedhead styles can be made into a further 8 shapes…. These offer countless options if you are looking for soft curves, Queen Anne or Georgian styles.
- Consider your height. The height of your mattress is critical in determining your bedhead height. If you have a very tall mattress you may need a non-standard size. We can make bedheads up to 1750mm tall to make an impressive statement and accommodate all mattress sizes. You don’t want to cushions to hide the bedhead completely.
- The benefit of a truly bespoke product is that we can accommodate your exact requirements – we can make provisions for a powerpoint cut out, we will call you to confirm your skirting board size so the bedhead sits flush to the wall. There is no charge for either of these options
- Once you have selected your style then you can select your fabric. Whether you like linen, velvet, wool, patterns, plains, textures…. We have you covered. Call us or come into the showroom if you can’t see a fabric you love on our website and we will find it for you.